Since this will likely be the hot topic of the preseason we will provide updates as they become available on the RFA market, big and small:
Friday Sept 13th
- Friday the 13th bad luck? Not if you’re Mitch Marner who got PAID! Leafs’ start F scored a six year deal worth $10.893 million per year. This deal is front loaded with signing bonuses:
— TSN Hockey (@TSNHockey) September 14, 2019
Market is now set… buckle up!
Thursday Sept 12th
- Flyers sign D Ivan Provorov to a six year contract worth $6.75 million per year. Only major D man left unsigned is Bruins D Charlie McAvoy.
Tuesday Sept. 10th
- Devils F Pavel Zacha signs a three year deal for $2.25 million per year. Seems leverage play of agreeing to terms with the KHL worked in his favor.
Monday Sept. 9th
- Blue Jackets D Zach Werenski has agreed to a 3 year bridge deal worth $5 million per year. Not exactly helping with market setting, but it is one less RFA d-man on the market.
- Devils RFA Pavel Zacha has agreed to terms with Avangard of the KHL on a one year deal. As some have pointed out this could be leverage as the report specifically says Agreed to terms and not Signed a contract. Wait and see I guess.